InsomniaHypnosis for Health® | San Francisco Hypnotherapy
You are getting SLEEEPIER and SLEEEEPIER!!
Here are 12 easy ways to help you get better rest:
1. Be realistic about the number of hours of sleep you need. As we age, we need less sleep. If you want to sleep longer, avoid taking naps during the day (or waking hours), unless you typically get your rest in two parts.
2. Limit activities in bed to sleep and physical pleasure. Do not watch TV, check email, surf the internet, eat, read, pay bills or write emails in bed. Make sure your reading chair is elsewhere.
3. Treat the bed and bedroom as a place of relaxation and serenity. Use curtains, hot water bottle, subdued lighting, aromatherapy, and natural sounds such as water to enhance the relaxing atmosphere. Earplugs and/or an eye mask may come in handy for disruptive environments or if you are a sensitive person.
4. Do not lounge in bed, even in the morning, stay in bed only during your prescribed sleep hours. If you wake up too early and have difficulty getting back to sleep, it’s fine to listen to a Podcast, one of my Personalized Self-Hypnosis MP3 Recordings, or some other kind of recording or relaxing soundtrack can help.
5. If your intellect has a tendency to become absorbed in catastrophic thoughts about what could go wrong, direct your attention on slowly, completely, and methodically relaxing your entire body. Use progressive relaxation techniques, such as those on my Personalized Self-Hypnosis MP3 Recordings to refocus your intellect on the pleasant sensations that deep relaxation creates in your body, mitigating the effects of stress. A Hypnotherapy Session can also be helpful for releasing old attitudes and conditioning around sleep patterns, too.
6. Do not use alcohol as a sleep aid. Ever.
7. Use over-the-counter sleep medications only in case of extreme need. Always follow the advice of your doctor for taking any prescribed sleep medications. Be aware that you can easily develop a tolerance and dependency to any medication or herbal remedy. Remember, Self-Hypnosis can help your body produce its own sleep inducing substances as needed with no harmful side-effects.
8. Limit ingesting any form of caffeine, including “de-caf” coffee, teas, soda, and chocolate to before 2 pm, possibly earlier. (At least 6 hours before prescribed sleep time.) Drink all liquids, even warm milk, 2 hours before sleep time.
9. Eat dinner at least 3-4 hours before sleep time, never right before going to bed. Do not take B Vitamins (or multiple vitamins) before going to bed!
10. Seek the advice of a qualified therapist if you are experiencing frequent negative or anxiety-provoking sexual activity in bed, reoccurring nightmares, or if you are afraid of the dark.
11. If you are having significant mental stress about something specific during sleep time, get up and write it out on a piece of actual paper, not a computer or electronic device with a display screen. Purge stressful thoughts from your mind and body; do not let yourself ruminate. Learn to disconnect your intellect during the day by taking meditative breaks.
12. If your health permits, exercising your upper body will create muscle soreness that promotes sleep. But don’t over do it. To help reduce chronic muscle tension, practice daily stretching exercises like yoga or Tai Chi. Massage can relieve muscle strain, too.
Your sleep patterns are controlled subconsciously and that part of your has a memory for virtually everything you do, including a memory for nice, deep, restful sleep. Self-Hypnosis is indeed very relaxing, making sleep come easier and with no harmful side-effects. It is also a good choice for helping to re-learn and reinforce healthy sleeping behavior patterns and to disconnect an overactive intellect.
“I have never had such an easy time falling asleep. I no longer need the prescription given to me by my doctor.”
For SF Bay Area Clients
Please click here to set up your FREE, 30 minute consultation at my office location to find out how hypnosis can work for you. In just 2 empowering sessions, you’ll learn a Self-Hypnosis focusing technique, develop in-depth personal sleep inducing imagery with Hypnotherapy, and then have a Personalized Deep Hypnosis MP3 Recording made of the second session made for reinforcement at home. Let’s move forward and get started TODAY!
For Out of Town Clients
Order a Personalized Self-Hypnosis MP3 Recording with your own personal imagery (Individuals respond better when they are treated as individuals, right?) and your choice of relaxing water background sounds. You can play the recording right from your smartphone, laptop or tablet. To get started today, click here and use my secure, MP3 Order Form. (You must be at least 18 years of age or submit written parental consent.)